The central purpose of document management software is to improve productivity, cut operating costs, and enhance security. The best document management software does all of the above and delivers a satisfying return on investment in a relatively short amount of time.
To find document management software that meets your operational goals, look for these critical features:
1. Ease of Use
If your chosen document management software is difficult to implement and doesn’t mesh well with your existing workflows, success is unlikely. Look for user-friendly interfaces that help automate repetitive tasks to improve productivity. Your staff will thank you.
2. Reliable Search Functions
Perhaps the single most critical aspect of good document management software is its ability to improve the way staff members locate documents. Intelligent indexing means documents are faster and easier to retrieve, allowing employees to focus on the task at hand.
3. Improved Distribution
If your document management software doesn’t improve the way documents are distributed throughout your organization, you might as well return to paper processes. Your document management software should mesh seamlessly with existing infrastructures to quickly get documents to the people and departments who need them. Improve collaboration to get projects done faster, speed up approval processes, and meet critical deadlines on time.
4. Enhanced Security
A thorough approach to document security is at the heart of state-of-the-art document management software. Look for these essentials:
- User authentications and authorizations to help control access to sensitive information.
- Audit trail reporting to show who accessed a document, what changes were made, and when all actions occurred.
- Administrative-level control to determine exactly which documents and files specific users and departments can view.
- A disaster recovery plan that keeps documents backed up and secure in the event of a natural disaster, data breach or hardware failure.
- Advanced regulatory compliance features to ensure that all government-mandated requirements are met.
Contact us at Valley Office Systems to discover even more ways document management software can help your organization improve daily processes.
Ready to Take Your Business to the Next Level?
It’s all about having the right technology. Let Valley Office Systems help you find the right fit so your business can achieve new levels of productivity.